- Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.
FACT: The Bastrop County YRs are only 14 board members. There are more than 10,000 Republicans in Bastrop County.
- Never go outside the expertise of your people.
FACT: The Bastrop County YRs have used social media and email to attack their opponents. Many young people believe they're social media experts.
- Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy.
FACT: The Bastrop County YRs believe their opponents have no social media expertise and so cannot address the Fake News they are disseminating there.
- Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.
FACT: Their posts cite alleged laws (some actually no longer in force) and bylaws.
- Ridicule is man's most potent weapon.
FACT: By using social media, email, and open attacks at public meetings, these people want Republicans to believe they're a large organization. And, they use every medium they can to embarrass their opponents in public.
- A good tactic is one your people enjoy.
FACT: It's obvious they think it's okay to call people names and hurl accusations without having to answer for those charges. That's proven by their continuous blocking of anyone who questions their accusations or tactics.
- A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.
FACT: Multiple emails, Facebook posts and tweets went out over a week-long period. Then it stopped. It's likely to start up again.
- Keep the pressure on.
FACT: The Bastrop County YRs sent out three different attack emails in 5 days. They posted these same emails on Facebook and Twitter.
- The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.
FACT: Repeated threatening emails have been sent to the Republican chair and to volunteers. Examples: "heed(sic) the direction of the CEC in this matter. You only have until the 28th to do so". And, "Go somewhere else. We don't need you"
- The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.
FACT: The specific attack tactics have been designed, using social media, with the goal of remaining visible forever.
- If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside.
FACT: The emails and social media posts repeat the same attacks and use the same terminology: anarchy, hijacking communication, going rogue.
- The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.
FACT: The goal of the Bastrop County Young Republicans, including grassroots coordinator Dianna Greenwood and president Jarrett Namken, is to take over the Republican Party Executive Committee in Bastrop County. Their goal is power, pure and simple.
- Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.
FACT: The targets are the current Republican chair, the president of the Women's Republican Club, the president of the Bastrop Republican Club, and a candidate for County Judge. Note that the targets are those in leadership or with the potential to hold a leadership position.